Tuesday 30 April 2019

SALZBURG

Salzburg, the city where Mozart was born. 

It took one-hour train ride from Rosenheim, where I stayed, to Salzburg, Austria. Super convenient. Then, from the train station my family and I took five-minute bus ride to Salzburg Square where the city's most iconic buildings are located, including Mozart's birth house. There are Salzburg Cathedral (fourth picture), Hohensalzburg Fortress (seventh picture, as seen up in the mountain), and Sphaera (seventh picture, the gold ball). Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of the house where Mozart was born because I was too absorbed with my own excitement.

There was this one moment that gave me one hell of a goosebumps. I was walking with my grandma through the alley (seen in the sixth picture) when, out of nowhere, she whispered to me, "never in my 82 years of life I imagined of coming here. It is all God's doing, and I thank Him for everything." These mixed feelings suddenly flooded my heart and almost made me cry. I was speechless. Thank God, I didn't cry. It'd creep other tourists out for sure, lol. Instead, I smiled, no scratch that, I beamed at her and said, "praise God, Grandma."

I could also remember being awed by its beautiful mountain view. I remembered gawking at its remarkable Baroque architectures and small alleys filled with high-end brands. I remembered being mesmerized by seeing tourists from around the globe, taking pictures, speaking in their mother tongues, and being awed by Salzburg's beauty just like I was. Oh, and the Chinese restaurant where we had dinner at served very delicious dishes, and probably with the biggest portion. Super delightful.

Undeniably, Salzburg is unforgettable.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I read every single comment and very much appreciate it. :)