Monday 3 June 2019

ROME

In spite of all the struggles, we made it to the capital of Italy.

I must say that Rome is not what I expected.. in a good way, of course. The road has orange trees blooming with the beautiful oranges hanging on its branches. People with great sense of fashion mind their businesses. Sun shone very brightly that day, helping to chase away the cold from previous night. 

Starting the day by realizing that I have no idea, not even the slightest, about Rome, I decided to do things the Paris way. Yup, City Bus Tour to the rescue, lol! We only had 24 hours to spend in Rome, and we wanted to see as much of Rome as we could without burdening ourselves. Safe to say, we managed to do just that. Thank God.

We started the ride very early in the morning (9 a.m) and our first stop happened to be Colosseum. Yes, you read it right. C o l o s s e u m. I was quite shocked at first, knowing that I was a few meters away from Colosseum. Seeing it with my own two eyes, I gotta say it was magical. Probably as magical as Eiffel. It was big, no, it was HUMONGOUS. There was a moment where I just sit there and thought, wow. I made it to Colosseum.

However, Colosseum is anything but deserted. I mean, there would be a lot of tourists, obviously, but it was simply beyond my poorly calculated expectation. There were tons of them and I had to let go of the chance to get into Colosseum. The queue was waaaay too long for my Grandma and I. We surely did not have all the time in the world, did we? We needed to be at the train station at 3 pm. Consequently, we decided to just walk around the humongous Colosseum and tired ourselves out before we hopped on the bus and continue to the other attraction sites.

It was Circa Massimo, or better known as Circus Maximus. Our next stop. At first we did not know what it was. All we knew was that the field is incredibly large. Who the hell needed field as large as that, anyway? Well, apparently ancient Romans did. It was an ancient entertainment venue for Romans mainly known for its horse-racing show, as I quoted from Wikipedia. After finding this fact out, which was literally five minutes ago, it made sense.  Its size and shape. A walk from one end to another was what it all needed to make my grandma and I sweating bullets.

From there, we rode around the city without stopping until we reached Roma Termini train station, of which my grandma and I were supposed to be. We finished the whole ride around 15 minutes after 12 p.m. We then had our lunch at an Asian restaurant 50 meters away from the station, because as Indonesians we both needed rice :") Finally, after waiting for around 4 hours, our 5.30 p.m train was ready to leave for Germany and we boarded just in time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I read every single comment and very much appreciate it. :)