Wednesday 4 March 2015

CHAPTER VII: SUMMER PALACE


Beijing has a lot of temples, I am telling you. Like, every historical sites that I went to had temples in it, and not just one. It could be more than ten or twenty. Perhaps because they used to be a kingdom, a very big one at that, so that there are so many of them. I'm not complaining, though, because they were all beautiful.

Talking about temples, here is one of the temples that I found so beautiful. It was in Summer Palace, called The Temple of Buddha. Although it was not humongous, but it has its own beauty. Maybe because it was located a little bit far away from busy streets and city crowds that I found peace coming to this place, or  simply because I admired the view right across the temple, which was the combination of calming, frozen lake and the busy city of Beijing. The contradiction of those two brings so much peace to my mind and also partly because the sun was so much appreciated at the moment, due to the llight-layering I was wearing that day that I was frozen to death. So yes, this temple was so beautiful.



Hippie!

3 comments:

  1. Incredible shots of a beautiful city.
    MR ESSENTIALIST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures!
    Always wanted to visit China :)

    http://mauriciovanstraaten.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. charming photos ! great great great :)

    http://moje-kreacje.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I read every single comment and very much appreciate it. :)